Saturday, July 30, 2011

Catching up

I am still way be hind on these blogs. I am going to do them in order though so bear with me.
I covered through Monday the 24th.

 Tuesday we went to Seattle with my parents on the ferry. We scooped up my oldest sister Jody and went to lunch with her at Fisherman's Wharf in Seattle. What a wonderful time.






It was Brenna's birthday the next day so Jody surprised Brenna with a hot fudge Sunday for her birthday. Lets just say Brenna was a tiny bit delighted :-)









That afternoon our old assistant Pastor Gary and his wife Linda met us at my parents house in Port Orchard. Gary just took a surprise pastor ship in Sequim, way out on the Olympic Peninsula. It is a hurting church that just suffered a split. Gary and Linda had retired but they put their house up for rent in Tacoma and are living in the teeny tiny Parsonage so they can help this church for a few years. Serving God is truely the Grand Adventure. You never know what He has planned for you. So exciting.


Tuesday we had a small family get together for Brenna's birthday. Alea and I gave her a bunch of garage sale finds and told her that was all we could afford. She was happy anyway. Then we surprised her with a new IPod Nano that Alea and Cleave and we had go in on.










Alea and her son Kevan and his son Jonah, sitting in the glider my dad built










My darling Aunt Barbara and Uncle Robert were able to come. We had a nice time with them. 











Brenna and Kevans wife April sitting on the other side of the glider.










Aunt Barbara and Uncle Robert were enjoying my parents beautiful yard. I went to take a picture of them and my nephew Elijah yelled "Cheese burger, Cheese Burger, Cheese Burger" I was laughing too hard to snap that picture










Here is my much missed and dearly beloved and best friend, my mom, and my nephew Jonah.












And my parents neighbors, Bill and Sue. They are the best neighbors in the whole world. My parents are truly blessed to have them as neighbors and friends. They are such good friends my dad built a stone pathway from their back yard to Bill and Sue's back door. That is my wonderful dad in the foreground.





All together it was a great birthday for Brenna. We went to church that evening for the final time this go around at New Hope, our sending church. So good to reconnect with people and so hard to leave.

Joe is doing okay, not great. Still struggling with his blood sugar and having some chest pain everyday. We are all sure having a lovely time though. We are in Mnt Vernon visiting our friends from Canada right now. I hear them comming in with Starbucks so I have to go. More later

Love ya all

Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment